11/06/2014

E3 2014 - Summary

A lot of the games shown are not due for release until 2015 & some may slip even further into 2016/17.

A list of games that I can't wait to play

No Mans Sky - This just looks amazing, get in a spacecraft & fly off anywhere & explore planets

Batman Arkham Knight - Shame it got delayed would have really loved to break the yearly Assassin Creed xmas game trend.

Far Cry 4 - Loved the gameplay shown at the Sony conference, I've not played a Far Cry game since the first.

Zelda Wii U - A long way off but if it is truly open world with Wind Waker style graphics, I can't wait.

AbZu - From the artist & music director of Journey, should be a nice experience, not sure on release date?

Destiny - I've still got my pre-order & have registered my BETA access code for July.

Grim Fandango - I've never played it so glad it is getting remade.

Uncharted 4 - It's Naughty Dog & I have warmed to them since the Last of Us.

The Division - Still looking amazing, hopefully will not get delayed till 2016.

Assassin Creed Unity - Due out this year !! with co-op gameplay, need to persuade the claptrap boys to buy a PS4.

Microsoft & Sony had good press conferences showing off lots of games. Nintendo's press conference could have been better showing off more games, EA was a dull affair but that's because I hate the yearly sports titles & everything else was just way too early to be shown. Ubisoft had a good line up of games which are due out this year The Crew, Far Cry 4 & Assassin Creed Unity but no news on Assassin Creed Comet for the 360/PS3.

The 2014 Shopping list then

September
Destiny - still on for a release day purchase, depending on how the BETA plays.

October
Borderlands Pre-Sequel - I expect this to be a day one purchase for the claptrap boys.

December
Assassin Creed Unity - Will purchase to play over the xmas holidays.

I may pick up a few others this year like Far Cry 4 & Watch_Dogs but that all depends on time. I'm sure there were other games shown over the past couple of days that deserve to be mentioned but information overload !!





No comments:

Post a Comment